A Chronic Psychogenic Vomiting Case of Dramatic Response to Escitalopram
This case report describes the treatment of an interesting patient with vomiting for years. The patient admitted to the family health center with chronic vomiting and weight loss. Her physical examination was unremarkable. The complaint of patient in who organic pathogen were excluded by biochemical and radiological examinations was evaluated psychologically; her complaints were ended following the initiation of escitalopram therapy unlike previous treatment. In this report, we represent a specific patient for the escitalopram treatment and thanks to this, it contributes a unique sample to the literature about escitalopram usage in the treatment of chronic vomiting.
- Leibovich MA. Psychogenic vomiting. Psychotherapeutic considerations. Psychother Psychosom 1973;22:263–8.
- Malagelade JR. Chronic idiopatic intestinal psodoobstruction. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol 2000;3:335-40.
- Flake ZA, Scalley RD, Bailey AG. Practical selection of antiemetics. Am Fam Physician 2004;69:1169-74.
- Richards CA, Andrews PL. Emesis as a model system for the study of functional bowel disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2007;(Suppl 2):S120-6.
- Slee PH. Consultative palliative care for nausea and vomiting in the home setting. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 2003;147:1297-300.
- Gülsün M, Evrensel A, Doruk A. Kronik Kusma Yakınması ile Başvuran Bir Obsesif Kompülsif Bozukluk Olgusu ve Maprotilinle Tedavisi: Bir Olgu Sunumu. Düşünen Adam; 20006, 19(3):162-166.
(access date: 10.06.2016)
- Yıldırım O, Canan F. Escitalopram and olanzapine combination in treating psychogenic vomiting. Abant Medical Journal. 2013:2(2);178.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.